Oreo Cheesecake Macaron

So, my marketing exam is coming up in less than a week! So what does that mean? More baking! (otherwise known as procrastination.)

As always, I use my trusty "slightly-less-sweet" recipe for fool-proof macaron shells, found here.

With these macarons, my feet were much bigger than usual as I was experimenting with "shielding" the macarons with an empty baking sheet a rack above the macarons. I did this to keep the macarons white and prevent them from browning. However, I ended up having to bake it for 22 minutes instead of the usual 15. Also, the macarons rose as they always do, but didn't sink enough to produce the dainty little feet they usually get, and so I ended up with these thick macaron shells. You have no idea how much sadness this brings me.




but without further drama, here's the recipe!

For the shells, I used this basic recipe. To decorate, I ground up the processed oreo crumbs in a coffee grinder to get a superfine powder. I then sifted this powder over the dried macaron shells that had already formed skins, shielding half of each shell with a sheet of paper to make the neat line.

Oreo cream cheese filling
125g cream cheese, room temperature
28g butter, room temperature
1/2 cup icing sugar
75g oreo biscuits, processed to crumbs

  1. Cream together butter and cream cheese in an electric mixer until smooth.
  2. Gradually add the icing sugar while mixing until well mixed in and smooth.
  3. Add oreo crumbs and mix well.
Sandwich between two macaron shells and refrigerate for 24 hours before consuming. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS